Community Support Hui:
Nau mai – haere mai – welcome. Thank you for landing here.
During early March, our first round of community hui (around an hour long, followed by kai) are open for anybody who has been touched by suicide. We think about it as providing a ‘watering hole’ to gather around; provided by a wide range of local organisations working together.
At these hui, we will be:
- Honouring you – your journey, and your courage in rocking up
- Beginning with Karakia to acknowledge our loved-ones
- Sharing resources, and helpful information on how to get through grief and support those around us with their grief
- Offering the opportunity for a one-on-one convo with a Support Worker to share your story and line up supports that could be helpful
- A time to light a candle in menory, if you would like to
- Feeding back to you on our plans for our next steps together
- Excellent refreshments:)
To make sure we have the right amount of kai and Support Team on hand, please fill in the registration form below – and let us know which date works for you. If none of the dates work for you, we will be in touch with Plan B.
We’ll contact you with the venue and time, once we’ve received your registration.
This is something for you – your needs – and you being heard. We are very very much looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you again – we look forward to receiving your response.
Taranaki Suicide Prevention